Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week at a Glance October 30-November 3, 2017

Bulldog Squad-

What a week! It was one of those weeks for me where everything hits you at once. Kids are sick, two days off campus for training that I didn't think I needed, a surprise visitor, and a very COLD Fall Carnival. I think we are given those types of weeks for a reason. It's like a "knock back to reality" type of week.

A "you better be thankful for the little things" type of week.
A "your pride needed a little shove" type of week.
A "you still need to GROW big time" type of week.
A "you need to lean on others" type of week.

And at the end of it, I am thankful. I am thankful that I went to a training that I didn't think I needed because in reality, I learned so much more about instructional coaching than I thought I could. I am thankful that I was able to hold my sweet kiddo a little longer than usual one day. I am thankful that our visitor was able to see all the great things happening at our school and he even had a little fun doing it! I am VERY thankful that we had the carnival- it was so fun to see the kids AND adults having a GREAT time. (I know my hot dog team had a lot of good laughs together that are too far in between.)

This week taught me that I need to  lean on others, open my mind even more, and laugh through it all. I don't know everything that I think I know. Sometimes, we  just have to say "HEY! I thought I knew this, but I don't. Can you help me?"

Someone close by will be more than happy to help you grow.




Thank you all for making this a great place to learn AND work,

~Sanders


1. BIG Shout out to FaLessha, Sarah, and PTA friends for putting on a GREAT Fall Carnival! Families left smiling-and that's what its all about!
2. Shout out to Suzanne for helping me get all of our RTI letters out on Friday while I was being pulled in and out of the office. Thank you all for being flexible in getting those done too!
3. Shout out to EVERYONE for attending the Goals PLC Meeting on Monday and discussing goals and what is best for kids!
4. WHOOP WHOOP goes to Marie, Blanca A, and Nancy for helping me with kiddos in the office on Friday!
5. Shout out Sandra Plascensia, Lila Velasquez, and Melinda Rios for being this week's TWITTER FAIRY winners! A special treat is coming your way!
6.Thank you Dr. Quintanilla-Shelton for helping us stay on top of our attendance and being the BEST in the DISTRICT!



  • Walk-through focus this week will continue to be guided reading, running records, and how you are using ELL strategies to ensure your classroom is LANGUAGE RICH! (Think 7 Steps!)
  • Tweet something awesome you do in class this week! Use @JHaleybullogs  #kidsdeserveit #myIrvingisd 

Monday October 30
>Kline out
>8:00 Admin meeting
>10:00 SSP
>10:00 Staffing (Harnest/Porter)
>1:30-3:00 Sanders in meeting (on campus)
>2:30 Para Meeting

Tuesday October 31
> Happy Halloween!
>Sanders @ Principal Meeting
>Socktober LAST DAY!- CRAZY SOCK DAY!
>ELAR planning day
>8:00 ARD (Ojeda/Admin)

Wednesday November 1
>Math Planning
>Kinder and 3rd Full Day planning
>Mark out in AM @ Professional Development meeting
>2nd Grade Field Trip

Thursday November 2
>1st and 4th Grade Full Day planning
>8:30 ARD (Chavez/Admin)
>9:00 ARD (Smith/Admin)
>10:00 ARD (Pargas/Admin)
>1:00 ARD (Lucero/Admin)
>4-5:30 K-2 Writing Checkpoint w/ Jennifer B- café A

Friday November 3
>Picture Day (See schedule!)
>4th Grade Field Trip
>8:30 Admin and Kline meet
>9:00 Core meeting

Upcoming Dates:
~November 5-Daylight Savings (Fall Back)
~November 6- Attendance Glow Stick Party- info coming your way!
~November 7-2nd and 5th Full Day Purposeful Planning
~November 17-Field Day
~November 18-26 Thanksgiving Break!


Growing Greatness in Every Student Every Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week at a Glance January 14-18, 2019

JHE Staff, An interesting week is upon us! Luckily, you all have some time to plan together and work in your rooms too! AND you get a th...